some news for all ppl out there who ask again and again about support for something else than x86 architecture support.
This was a big problem in the past due to missing Structured Exception Handling support in GCC at all except our implementation which ONLY works on x86 due to some ASM magic. This was resolved by fully supporting MSVC for a while now.
Structured Exception Handling is a powerful feature of MSVC to handle hardware and software exceptions in the software easily and identically. Without it most exceptions can’t be taken care of at all and RectOS would not even boot to a certain extent.
It’s not new that x64 building was already possible in the past by using MSVC which includes SEH for x86, x64 and ARM, but after some Wine syncs and other commits it broke down for a while then. Recently this was fixed in main trunk and I did the same for rosapps subfolder, too. So you can build ReactOS for x64 again. (With all the stuff from rosapps) Don’t expect it to boot yet! Problem here is the MM which is not really working on x64 builds yet. You can try the apps on a 64 bit Windows though.
And some very new thing… Beginning with r67740 ReactOS builds for ARM, too. Timo Kreuzer made some effort to get it build and succeeded. Some stuff is based on STUBS, but it does generate valid code. Same here… don’t expect it to boot yet. Same MM problems like x64 has and additionally the STUBS which need a real implementation, too. BUUUT it is a big milestone to get it build at all and in theory these apps should start on a jailbroken Windows RT just fine.
So, install or dig out your MSVC today and try it out. Most important feature of these builds does count for x86 too… the best Windows debugger ever works fine: WinDBG. Yes, this is the one MS uses for Windows, too AND you can use it in all it’s glory for ROS debugging ^^
Link of interest: HERE
P.S. I added some support for MSVC into RosBE. If you wanna try out: copy the new scripts from https://svn.reactos.org/svn/project-tools/trunk/RosBE/RosBE-Windows/Root to your RosBE setup and make a new shortcut containing these parameters: PATH\TO\RosBE.cmd vs MSVCVERSION MSVCARCH. Example for VS 2013 bulding a x86 build: PATH\TO\RosBE.cmd vs 12 x86.
Regarding the MSVC Versions:
MSVC++ 12.0 (Visual Studio 2013)
MSVC++ 11.0 (Visual Studio 2012)
MSVC++ 10.0 (Visual Studio 2010)
MSVC++ 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008)
MSVC++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005)
MSVC++ 7.1 (Visual Studio 2003)
This is it for today. Have fun with testing. ^^
– Amine Edition –
– New Patch tool fixing some bugs of the old one. (Thomas Faber)
– Updated the Setup to unicode. (Daniel Reimer)
– Stripped the files hto noted to.
– Updated binutils to 126.96.36.19920926. (Amine Khaldi)
– Amine Edition –
– Updated GCC to 4.7.1 mingw-w64 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated ccache to 3.1.8 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated cmake to 2.8.9 (Amine Khaldi)
– Added ninja 120715 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated nasm to 2.10.5 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.7.6 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated NSIS to 2.46.5 unicode (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix detection of all CPU cores in VMWare ESXi environment (Daniel Reimer)
– Stop SEGV from trying to fclose(NULL) in options.exe (Mike Nordell)
To use ninja instead of make, use “configure ninja” and ninja command for build instead of just configure and ninja.
Please test this excessively, too.
ok… last but not least, RosBE for Windows Version 2.0 is out too.
This is one of the last steps to the upcoming cmake switch with dumping rbuild fully and forever.
The setup files can be found here:
Setup is the same good known NSIS based one for now. Just remove the old BE and let it install it over.
CMAKE usage instructions are here: https://reactos.org/wiki/CMake
Big thanks for this release goes to Heis and Colin from the Unix BE team, Amine for not killing me taking so long for a release and dralnix and blight_ for doing the first steps to a advanced BE years ago. Miss you, guys ^^
As for Unix one, I fully dump the support for any earlier Version of RosBE Windows starting from NOW.
some more work happened here
– Fixed a Bug in rosbe.cmd.
– Updated svn to 1.7.2.
– Added new flex 2.5.35 and bison 2.5.
– Fixed radr2line to work on RSYM executables again.
two small updates again.
– Added new CMAKE Version built by Amine Khaldi
– raddr2line in cmd and PS1 now uses addr2line.exe to stay dwarf compatible.
Hi, after wiping out most bugs, here it is: LINK
– Updated parts of GCC
* gmp 5.0.2
* mpfr 3.0.1
– Updated pexports 0.44.1 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated make 3.8.2 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated gdb 7.3-2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7-zip 9.2.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.6.17 (Daniel Reimer)
– Bug 5426 resolved (Adam Kachwalla)
– Cleanup the options tool (Christoph von Wittich)
– Add Support for the cmake bringup branch. (Daniel Reimer)
– Renamed make.exe back to mingw32-make.exe to make cmake happy (Daniel Reimer)
– Add a way to modify the ccache dir by setting the _ROSBE_CCACHE_DIR Variable accordingly. (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix ccache build by setting a higher cache size and make it User customizeable with the _ROSBE_CACHESIZE Variable representing the allowed GB. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make the config.rbuild too old error non fatal. Now it continues to build, but I still don’t recommend it. (Daniel Reimer)
– Remove the old config command for rbuild. (Daniel Reimer)
– Modify clean command to be cmake compatible. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add cmake to the Version show up. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make cmake build failsafe if no cmake 2.6+ is properly installed. It shows a Information what to do now. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make RosBE silent by changing the variable _ROSBE_NOSOUND to 1. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make the log dir not dependent of the main tree. Use the current dir instead.
This makes is possible to have different logs of different branches separate in their own folder.
– New nice MSI Installer will come (Thx for the work goes to zguo aka z98 aka zwabbit)
– Add CCACHE_SLOPPINESS=time_macros if CCACHE is set active. (Amine Khaldi)
– Add the parameter “clean host-tools” to just clean cmake host-tools folder. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add the ENVVar _ROSBE_CMAKE_DIFF representing the Difference in name to be generated between more than one build folder if needed. (Daniel Reimer)
Follow Colin’s idea for a better RosBE folder structure and rename the Tools Folder to bin. (Colin Finck)
– Remove nasm/yasm and getincludes and any trace of it. (Daniel Reimer)
– Modified and updated build script for rosbe 2.0 (Colin Finck)
– Provide patched cmake and make sources to better suit our needs. (Colin Finck)
– Commit a patch by Troy Runkel to fix the implementation of the jobserver under Windows builds of GNU Make.
– Commit the patch containing Jérôme Gardou’s CMake improvements.
P.S. Win2000 Support is no more.
Hey guys. Yeah I am not writing much these days, but thats due to my internship and my fully planned weekend (PARTY). The company rocks. Everyone is nice. Work is nice. My internship leader is a great guy. What more do ya want? I learned that Server 2008 is a nice OS and it really is far superior to Linux. (Feel free to hate me now 😉 ) I learned that printers suck, especially HP Universal Printer Driver Controlled ones and Canon ones! Sooo, everything is great, except the school. We have Religion and Sports, WOW, really important for a IT guy! Sports is dancing and gymnastics ad the Relgion guy called my a militant atheist with affections to Nationalsocialism. Thx man, I hate you, too! 😛
I wont forget my work on RosBE of course. I already added support for CMAKE, which will become the main build system after our sucky rbuild. I made many fixes, too, so you can expect a nice and clean RosBE with GCC 4.5.X soon. rbuild support will still stay for a while, but feature freezed. It just sucks too much to investigate more time to it. But why am I telling ya? You KNOW it anyway 😉
Ah btw, visit us at CLT2011! LINK
… I am back here. As some already know, I started an internship in a Auditing and tax consulting company in the IT. Its quite nice there. Everyone is friendly, work is real fun. Work times are not that regular, but who cares? I get home early enough to still do my Moderator Job at the ReactOS Forums and to play some SNES 😉 Well, most times. Last week on one day I worked for 16 hrs meaning from 7:45 am to 0:30 (+45 min break)… At that day I wanted to go to my bed and stay there for the next two days. But, nope. When I arrived at home (we were outside the company at that day and it was more far away) it was 1:30 and thus I was able to sleep 5 hours before I had to get up for work… wow, I was soo dead the next day.
Changes will happen very soon. A migration to GCC 4.5.1, new binutils and cmake is getting very close. RBUILD sucks way to much to be kept alive, so we change over to another beast doing a way better job. This work is mostly done by Amine Khaldi, but many other devs, pissed because of RBUILD’s crappiness, help in recent days to get things work properly.
Thats it for now.
now that my wine sync wave is done I decided to get back to GCC and started a new 64 bit gcc build after Timo Kreuzer asked for one.
GCC 4.5.0 release
Link will follow today or tomorrow.