some more work happened here
– Fixed a Bug in rosbe.cmd.
– Updated svn to 1.7.2.
– Added new flex 2.5.35 and bison 2.5.
– Fixed radr2line to work on RSYM executables again.
two small updates again.
– Added new CMAKE Version built by Amine Khaldi
– raddr2line in cmd and PS1 now uses addr2line.exe to stay dwarf compatible.
Hi, after wiping out most bugs, here it is: LINK
– Updated parts of GCC
* gmp 5.0.2
* mpfr 3.0.1
– Updated pexports 0.44.1 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated make 3.8.2 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated gdb 7.3-2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7-zip 9.2.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.6.17 (Daniel Reimer)
– Bug 5426 resolved (Adam Kachwalla)
– Cleanup the options tool (Christoph von Wittich)
– Add Support for the cmake bringup branch. (Daniel Reimer)
– Renamed make.exe back to mingw32-make.exe to make cmake happy (Daniel Reimer)
– Add a way to modify the ccache dir by setting the _ROSBE_CCACHE_DIR Variable accordingly. (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix ccache build by setting a higher cache size and make it User customizeable with the _ROSBE_CACHESIZE Variable representing the allowed GB. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make the config.rbuild too old error non fatal. Now it continues to build, but I still don’t recommend it. (Daniel Reimer)
– Remove the old config command for rbuild. (Daniel Reimer)
– Modify clean command to be cmake compatible. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add cmake to the Version show up. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make cmake build failsafe if no cmake 2.6+ is properly installed. It shows a Information what to do now. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make RosBE silent by changing the variable _ROSBE_NOSOUND to 1. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make the log dir not dependent of the main tree. Use the current dir instead.
This makes is possible to have different logs of different branches separate in their own folder.
– New nice MSI Installer will come (Thx for the work goes to zguo aka z98 aka zwabbit)
– Add CCACHE_SLOPPINESS=time_macros if CCACHE is set active. (Amine Khaldi)
– Add the parameter “clean host-tools” to just clean cmake host-tools folder. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add the ENVVar _ROSBE_CMAKE_DIFF representing the Difference in name to be generated between more than one build folder if needed. (Daniel Reimer)
Follow Colin’s idea for a better RosBE folder structure and rename the Tools Folder to bin. (Colin Finck)
– Remove nasm/yasm and getincludes and any trace of it. (Daniel Reimer)
– Modified and updated build script for rosbe 2.0 (Colin Finck)
– Provide patched cmake and make sources to better suit our needs. (Colin Finck)
– Commit a patch by Troy Runkel to fix the implementation of the jobserver under Windows builds of GNU Make.
– Commit the patch containing Jérôme Gardou’s CMake improvements.
P.S. Win2000 Support is no more.
Hey guys. Yeah I am not writing much these days, but thats due to my internship and my fully planned weekend (PARTY). The company rocks. Everyone is nice. Work is nice. My internship leader is a great guy. What more do ya want? I learned that Server 2008 is a nice OS and it really is far superior to Linux. (Feel free to hate me now 😉 ) I learned that printers suck, especially HP Universal Printer Driver Controlled ones and Canon ones! Sooo, everything is great, except the school. We have Religion and Sports, WOW, really important for a IT guy! Sports is dancing and gymnastics ad the Relgion guy called my a militant atheist with affections to Nationalsocialism. Thx man, I hate you, too! 😛
I wont forget my work on RosBE of course. I already added support for CMAKE, which will become the main build system after our sucky rbuild. I made many fixes, too, so you can expect a nice and clean RosBE with GCC 4.5.X soon. rbuild support will still stay for a while, but feature freezed. It just sucks too much to investigate more time to it. But why am I telling ya? You KNOW it anyway 😉
Ah btw, visit us at CLT2011! LINK
… I am back here. As some already know, I started an internship in a Auditing and tax consulting company in the IT. Its quite nice there. Everyone is friendly, work is real fun. Work times are not that regular, but who cares? I get home early enough to still do my Moderator Job at the ReactOS Forums and to play some SNES 😉 Well, most times. Last week on one day I worked for 16 hrs meaning from 7:45 am to 0:30 (+45 min break)… At that day I wanted to go to my bed and stay there for the next two days. But, nope. When I arrived at home (we were outside the company at that day and it was more far away) it was 1:30 and thus I was able to sleep 5 hours before I had to get up for work… wow, I was soo dead the next day.
Changes will happen very soon. A migration to GCC 4.5.1, new binutils and cmake is getting very close. RBUILD sucks way to much to be kept alive, so we change over to another beast doing a way better job. This work is mostly done by Amine Khaldi, but many other devs, pissed because of RBUILD’s crappiness, help in recent days to get things work properly.
Thats it for now.
now that my wine sync wave is done I decided to get back to GCC and started a new 64 bit gcc build after Timo Kreuzer asked for one.
GCC 4.5.0 release
Link will follow today or tomorrow.
OK, some hours after I released the final, BOOM, critical Bug found. If it just would have been in RosBE 1.5.1, ok, fine, that would be as always, I want ppl test a prerelease and no one cares. But nooo, it already was added in RosBE 1.5 U1 and no one seems to have ever stepped in it. Well, if you have strange Path errors on RosBE startup: FIX
So, after I fixed a last bug in the RC which rendered clean under ps unuseable, here it is. The rest worked well and is still the same as the RC was.
Hi, its been a while, but here it is, RosBE 1.5.1 first and hopefully last RC:
– Updated NASM to 2.08.01 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated YASM to 1.0.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.6.11 (Daniel Reimer)
– Readded the old behavior of RosBE to ignore the System PATH Variable. Many ppl will love it as fix for overly stupid installed cygwin and WinAVR Tools.
To activate it, make a system Variable named "_ROSBE_NOSYSPATH" and set it to 1. (Daniel Reimer)
– sSVN: Make use of the http:// protocol instead of the svn:// one. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add remakex command to RosBE. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add sound output on finished build. On PS we have one for a successful and one for a failed build. On CMD we have just one for now, if you let it generate a LOG File. (Daniel Reimer)
– Made a small modification to be able to ask for help for ps commands in RosBE, too. (Daniel Reimer)
– Introduce %_BUILDBOT_SVNSKIPMAINTRUNK% as first of maybe more coming BuildBot Vars to skip the updating of the main trunk source when ssvn is used to do so. If its being set to "1" it only updates rosapps and rostests if existent. This is needed for Olaf Siejka’s Windows BuildBot project.
As Default its set to "0" and thus all behaves as before. (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix a access error when you start two builds in the same minute on a PC by adding the seconds to $TIMENAME, too. (Daniel Reimer)
– Clean up $DATENAME which included the year twice. (Daniel Reimer)
– Weaken the ROS Source Dir check in clean a bit so that it does remove the built stuff even if it did not even build any tool yet. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add the correct license to the audio files. (Daniel Reimer)
– If a custom output folder is defined, pass it to log2lines, too. (Mephisto, Daniel Reimer)
– Feature request by Olaf Siejka. The sSVN parameters "rosapps" and "rostests" were originally made for just creating rosapps / rostests repositories in the modules folder. Now it detects an existent repository and just updates that one. If there’s no repository or even no folder for the repository it first generates it and continues. Additionally you can set the revision you want to checkout or update to. "create" accepts a revision as second parameter now, too. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make sSVN fully multi Source Tree compatible by removing the dependency on the _ROSBE_ROSSOURCEDIR variable. (Daniel Reimer)
ok, we had some problems with our recent tries to get a vaild and for us useable GCC with MinGW-W64. After some tries and with the help of Kai Tietz from MinGW-W64 we managed it. Here is another try which uses GCC 4.5.0 and looks promising.
– GCC 4.5.0 RC
– GNU Binutils 126.96.36.19900409
– GMP 5.0.1
– MPFR 2.4.1
– MPC 0.8.1-1
– MinGW Runtime 3.18
– w32api 3.14