Here another bugfix release
– Removed sSVN command and SVN due to GIT merge of ReactOS code base. (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.6.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.19.4 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.8.2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated CMake to 3.2.1 + VS2017 support (Amine Khaldi)
After some russian guy goes on my nerves way too often to ignore him, here a lil bugfix release for the poor minded ppl out there who don’t know how to search Jira for known bugs, applying a fix and be happy with it.
– Btw, it’s not a nice way to go telling everyone that the whole russian community is too stupid to do that which he clearly did more than once by DEMANDING a fix release for the whole “poor” russian community.
– Btw #2, saying that the whole russian communty is not able to realize that a 32 bit OS is not that suitable for development anymore these days is the same thing IMHO.
– Changed ninja to Win32 build (Hello jeditobe…) (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.9.6 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated options to give the user a way to select how to handle the system path var (Daniel Reimer)
– Fixed Bugs:
ROSBE-97: RosBE.cmd should not use %PATH% (DopefishJustin)
ROSBE-112: RosBE 2.1.4 i386 contains x64 executable for ninja (breaks compatibility to x86 hostOSes) (reactosfanboy)
After a long time, here another bugfix release.
– Updated SVN to 1.9.5 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7Zip to 16.04 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.19.1 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated NSIS to 3.01 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.7.2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.6.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Bison to 3.0.4 (Daniel Reimer)
– Added experimental GlobalSign Root CA updating to installer for XP users (Daniel Reimer)
– ROSBE-84: SSVN STATUS command reports “branch does not exist” by middings
– ROSBE-88: ssvn create fail by leha-bot
– ROSBE-89: RosBE Updater is not worked properly by leha-bot
– ROSBE-96: Correct SSVN when RosBE installation directory includes a space by Roel Messiant
– ROSBE-105: RosBE-Windows Clean.cmd doesn’t clean most files by Colin Finck
Another new version of RosBE Installer. Mostly bugfixes, but important ones ^^
– Fix BISON regression… (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix 7z missing dll… (Daniel Reimer)
– If no MSVC is used, don’t try to read the registry key to get the install dir of it. (Daniel Reimer)
– First try to auto detect MSVC if you use params like “vs x86” in a shortcut (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.8.14 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.16.3 + OpenSSL 1.0.2d (Daniel Reimer)
– Reverted to MSYS diff due to popular demand (Amine Khaldi)
– Improved Icons for RosBE-Windows (Jared Smudde / ROSBE-71)
Finally a new version of RosBE Installer. Most of the work happened during ReactOS Hackfest in Aachen. Have as much fun with it as I had at making over there ^^
– Updated WGet to 1.16.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7Zip to 15.06 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Bison to 3.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.5.37 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.8.13 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Diff to new one from CollabNet SVN build and added diff4. (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.6.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated CMake to 3.2.1 + TLS/SSL support (Amine Khaldi)
– Fix raddr2line wrong folder bug (Christoph von Wittich)
– Added Ninja version output to version header (Daniel Reimer)
– Installer now sets BIN folder in real path variable for MSVC users (Daniel Reimer)
– Removed useless settings from options tool (Daniel Reimer)
– Fixed default colors in RosBE (Daniel Reimer)
– Added version to shortcut names due to popular demand (Daniel Reimer)
some news for all ReactOS interested ppl out there. We have a UDF filesystem driver now.
UDF aka Universal Disk Format is a open filesystem which is used quite often for DVDs and BluRays, but you can use it for USB drives, HDDs and even floppies, too if you want. Windows normally does not support it to format a drive with UDF by GUI, but by console you can do so quite fine. Without this filesystem, ReactOS has no way to play DVDs or BluRays at all and thus it’s an important one, even more impartant than NTFS IMO.
The driver is from Alter’s DVD Write Now Package which he licensed under GPLv2 for us. THX very much for doing so.
Problems we had and which were already fixed are:
– MingW-w64 GCC build was not possible
– SEH2 exception handling was missing
– Many includes and headers which are completely unneeded in ROS code base were removed
– Code excerpts for Demo and Shareware versions were removed
– Building for AMD64 and ARM was not possible
Now it builds fine, but is still not really working. This is not only the case for ROS, but also for Windows XP SP3. Thus we produced a bug in there while we were inlcuding the driver or it had a bug in the code base we got from Alter.
I will keep you updated ^^.
Today, after some stressful coding time for him and all the testers, like Mysoft, hbelusca and a guy who does not want to be mentioned, [TheFlash] activated NTVDM’s FPU emulation in the NTVDM BIOS meaning that any app now detects an available FPU in the emulated 486 PC. Before some apps ignored that and just threw the commands to the emulated hardware waiting and hoping for an answer. That resulted in some nice problems due to missing features and bugs in the FPU emulation at that time. But some apps activated an own emulation thx to that (QBasic for example). Even these apps will now use our own FPU. It MIGHT be possible that regressions occur now due to that and maybe still existing bugs. But even in the maybe still buggy state, some apps are really happy about the FPU bein available now.
some news for all ppl out there who ask again and again about support for something else than x86 architecture support.
This was a big problem in the past due to missing Structured Exception Handling support in GCC at all except our implementation which ONLY works on x86 due to some ASM magic. This was resolved by fully supporting MSVC for a while now.
Structured Exception Handling is a powerful feature of MSVC to handle hardware and software exceptions in the software easily and identically. Without it most exceptions can’t be taken care of at all and RectOS would not even boot to a certain extent.
It’s not new that x64 building was already possible in the past by using MSVC which includes SEH for x86, x64 and ARM, but after some Wine syncs and other commits it broke down for a while then. Recently this was fixed in main trunk and I did the same for rosapps subfolder, too. So you can build ReactOS for x64 again. (With all the stuff from rosapps) Don’t expect it to boot yet! Problem here is the MM which is not really working on x64 builds yet. You can try the apps on a 64 bit Windows though.
And some very new thing… Beginning with r67740 ReactOS builds for ARM, too. Timo Kreuzer made some effort to get it build and succeeded. Some stuff is based on STUBS, but it does generate valid code. Same here… don’t expect it to boot yet. Same MM problems like x64 has and additionally the STUBS which need a real implementation, too. BUUUT it is a big milestone to get it build at all and in theory these apps should start on a jailbroken Windows RT just fine.
So, install or dig out your MSVC today and try it out. Most important feature of these builds does count for x86 too… the best Windows debugger ever works fine: WinDBG. Yes, this is the one MS uses for Windows, too AND you can use it in all it’s glory for ROS debugging ^^
Link of interest: HERE
P.S. I added some support for MSVC into RosBE. If you wanna try out: copy the new scripts from https://svn.reactos.org/svn/project-tools/trunk/RosBE/RosBE-Windows/Root to your RosBE setup and make a new shortcut containing these parameters: PATH\TO\RosBE.cmd vs MSVCVERSION MSVCARCH. Example for VS 2013 bulding a x86 build: PATH\TO\RosBE.cmd vs 12 x86.
Regarding the MSVC Versions:
MSVC++ 12.0 (Visual Studio 2013)
MSVC++ 11.0 (Visual Studio 2012)
MSVC++ 10.0 (Visual Studio 2010)
MSVC++ 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008)
MSVC++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005)
MSVC++ 7.1 (Visual Studio 2003)
This is it for today. Have fun with testing. ^^
Today the oldest of our cats died… She was the mother of many of our cats, the first we ever had and became almost 19 years… Last weeks showed the oncoming end, she started to stumble around and just peed everywhere she was walking aimlessly. Her skin had more and more tumors, but she ate like a world champion and we decided while she still eats, all still must be sort of fine. Today my mother found her lying around shivering. She took her to the vet and was the end. We will miss you…
– Amine Edition –
– New Patch tool fixing some bugs of the old one. (Thomas Faber)
– Updated the Setup to unicode. (Daniel Reimer)
– Stripped the files hto noted to.
– Updated binutils to 18.104.22.16820926. (Amine Khaldi)