Another new version of RosBE Installer. Mostly bugfixes, but important ones ^^
– Fix BISON regression… (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix 7z missing dll… (Daniel Reimer)
– If no MSVC is used, don’t try to read the registry key to get the install dir of it. (Daniel Reimer)
– First try to auto detect MSVC if you use params like “vs x86” in a shortcut (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.8.14 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.16.3 + OpenSSL 1.0.2d (Daniel Reimer)
– Reverted to MSYS diff due to popular demand (Amine Khaldi)
– Improved Icons for RosBE-Windows (Jared Smudde / ROSBE-71)
Finally a new version of RosBE Installer. Most of the work happened during ReactOS Hackfest in Aachen. Have as much fun with it as I had at making over there ^^
– Updated WGet to 1.16.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7Zip to 15.06 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Bison to 3.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.5.37 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.8.13 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Diff to new one from CollabNet SVN build and added diff4. (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.6.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated CMake to 3.2.1 + TLS/SSL support (Amine Khaldi)
– Fix raddr2line wrong folder bug (Christoph von Wittich)
– Added Ninja version output to version header (Daniel Reimer)
– Installer now sets BIN folder in real path variable for MSVC users (Daniel Reimer)
– Removed useless settings from options tool (Daniel Reimer)
– Fixed default colors in RosBE (Daniel Reimer)
– Added version to shortcut names due to popular demand (Daniel Reimer)
Today, after some stressful coding time for him and all the testers, like Mysoft, hbelusca and a guy who does not want to be mentioned, [TheFlash] activated NTVDM’s FPU emulation in the NTVDM BIOS meaning that any app now detects an available FPU in the emulated 486 PC. Before some apps ignored that and just threw the commands to the emulated hardware waiting and hoping for an answer. That resulted in some nice problems due to missing features and bugs in the FPU emulation at that time. But some apps activated an own emulation thx to that (QBasic for example). Even these apps will now use our own FPU. It MIGHT be possible that regressions occur now due to that and maybe still existing bugs. But even in the maybe still buggy state, some apps are really happy about the FPU bein available now.
some news for all ppl out there who ask again and again about support for something else than x86 architecture support.
This was a big problem in the past due to missing Structured Exception Handling support in GCC at all except our implementation which ONLY works on x86 due to some ASM magic. This was resolved by fully supporting MSVC for a while now.
Structured Exception Handling is a powerful feature of MSVC to handle hardware and software exceptions in the software easily and identically. Without it most exceptions can’t be taken care of at all and RectOS would not even boot to a certain extent.
It’s not new that x64 building was already possible in the past by using MSVC which includes SEH for x86, x64 and ARM, but after some Wine syncs and other commits it broke down for a while then. Recently this was fixed in main trunk and I did the same for rosapps subfolder, too. So you can build ReactOS for x64 again. (With all the stuff from rosapps) Don’t expect it to boot yet! Problem here is the MM which is not really working on x64 builds yet. You can try the apps on a 64 bit Windows though.
And some very new thing… Beginning with r67740 ReactOS builds for ARM, too. Timo Kreuzer made some effort to get it build and succeeded. Some stuff is based on STUBS, but it does generate valid code. Same here… don’t expect it to boot yet. Same MM problems like x64 has and additionally the STUBS which need a real implementation, too. BUUUT it is a big milestone to get it build at all and in theory these apps should start on a jailbroken Windows RT just fine.
So, install or dig out your MSVC today and try it out. Most important feature of these builds does count for x86 too… the best Windows debugger ever works fine: WinDBG. Yes, this is the one MS uses for Windows, too AND you can use it in all it’s glory for ROS debugging ^^
Link of interest: HERE
P.S. I added some support for MSVC into RosBE. If you wanna try out: copy the new scripts from https://svn.reactos.org/svn/project-tools/trunk/RosBE/RosBE-Windows/Root to your RosBE setup and make a new shortcut containing these parameters: PATH\TO\RosBE.cmd vs MSVCVERSION MSVCARCH. Example for VS 2013 bulding a x86 build: PATH\TO\RosBE.cmd vs 12 x86.
Regarding the MSVC Versions:
MSVC++ 12.0 (Visual Studio 2013)
MSVC++ 11.0 (Visual Studio 2012)
MSVC++ 10.0 (Visual Studio 2010)
MSVC++ 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008)
MSVC++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005)
MSVC++ 7.1 (Visual Studio 2003)
This is it for today. Have fun with testing. ^^
– Amine Edition –
– New Patch tool fixing some bugs of the old one. (Thomas Faber)
– Updated the Setup to unicode. (Daniel Reimer)
– Stripped the files hto noted to.
– Updated binutils to 22.214.171.12420926. (Amine Khaldi)
– Amine Edition –
– Updated GCC to 4.7.1 mingw-w64 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated ccache to 3.1.8 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated cmake to 2.8.9 (Amine Khaldi)
– Added ninja 120715 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated nasm to 2.10.5 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.7.6 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated NSIS to 2.46.5 unicode (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix detection of all CPU cores in VMWare ESXi environment (Daniel Reimer)
– Stop SEGV from trying to fclose(NULL) in options.exe (Mike Nordell)
To use ninja instead of make, use “configure ninja” and ninja command for build instead of just configure and ninja.
Please test this excessively, too.
ok… last but not least, RosBE for Windows Version 2.0 is out too.
This is one of the last steps to the upcoming cmake switch with dumping rbuild fully and forever.
The setup files can be found here:
Setup is the same good known NSIS based one for now. Just remove the old BE and let it install it over.
CMAKE usage instructions are here: https://reactos.org/wiki/CMake
Big thanks for this release goes to Heis and Colin from the Unix BE team, Amine for not killing me taking so long for a release and dralnix and blight_ for doing the first steps to a advanced BE years ago. Miss you, guys ^^
As for Unix one, I fully dump the support for any earlier Version of RosBE Windows starting from NOW.
some more work happened here
– Fixed a Bug in rosbe.cmd.
– Updated svn to 1.7.2.
– Added new flex 2.5.35 and bison 2.5.
– Fixed radr2line to work on RSYM executables again.
two small updates again.
– Added new CMAKE Version built by Amine Khaldi
– raddr2line in cmd and PS1 now uses addr2line.exe to stay dwarf compatible.
Hi, after wiping out most bugs, here it is: LINK
– Updated parts of GCC
* gmp 5.0.2
* mpfr 3.0.1
– Updated pexports 0.44.1 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated make 3.8.2 (Amine Khaldi)
– Updated gdb 7.3-2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7-zip 9.2.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.6.17 (Daniel Reimer)
– Bug 5426 resolved (Adam Kachwalla)
– Cleanup the options tool (Christoph von Wittich)
– Add Support for the cmake bringup branch. (Daniel Reimer)
– Renamed make.exe back to mingw32-make.exe to make cmake happy (Daniel Reimer)
– Add a way to modify the ccache dir by setting the _ROSBE_CCACHE_DIR Variable accordingly. (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix ccache build by setting a higher cache size and make it User customizeable with the _ROSBE_CACHESIZE Variable representing the allowed GB. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make the config.rbuild too old error non fatal. Now it continues to build, but I still don’t recommend it. (Daniel Reimer)
– Remove the old config command for rbuild. (Daniel Reimer)
– Modify clean command to be cmake compatible. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add cmake to the Version show up. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make cmake build failsafe if no cmake 2.6+ is properly installed. It shows a Information what to do now. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make RosBE silent by changing the variable _ROSBE_NOSOUND to 1. (Daniel Reimer)
– Make the log dir not dependent of the main tree. Use the current dir instead.
This makes is possible to have different logs of different branches separate in their own folder.
– New nice MSI Installer will come (Thx for the work goes to zguo aka z98 aka zwabbit)
– Add CCACHE_SLOPPINESS=time_macros if CCACHE is set active. (Amine Khaldi)
– Add the parameter “clean host-tools” to just clean cmake host-tools folder. (Daniel Reimer)
– Add the ENVVar _ROSBE_CMAKE_DIFF representing the Difference in name to be generated between more than one build folder if needed. (Daniel Reimer)
Follow Colin’s idea for a better RosBE folder structure and rename the Tools Folder to bin. (Colin Finck)
– Remove nasm/yasm and getincludes and any trace of it. (Daniel Reimer)
– Modified and updated build script for rosbe 2.0 (Colin Finck)
– Provide patched cmake and make sources to better suit our needs. (Colin Finck)
– Commit a patch by Troy Runkel to fix the implementation of the jobserver under Windows builds of GNU Make.
– Commit the patch containing Jérôme Gardou’s CMake improvements.
P.S. Win2000 Support is no more.